Saturday, July 3, 2010

Shopping Cart Cover

Today was a big day for Lily.  She got to ride in the shopping cart like a big girl instead of being in her car seat.  I made her the shopping cart cover from fabric that Lily picked out.  Really she picked it out. I would hold up 2 bolts of fabric and see which one she reached for.  This fabric she went for every time. Yes, it is the same fabric that I made her a shirt out of but I had already bought that fabric when she choose it again.

There are hooks attached so we can have a toy and a pillow on the cover.  I didn't have the pillow finished when we went out that day.
The belt is connected to the cover so we don't use the gross store belt.  Since it was 4th of July weekend Lily was wearing red, white and blue.
And when you are a small 7 month old you can also take a nap in the seat of the cart.  The cover has batting it so it pretty cushy.  Lily didn't need the pillow to get a good nap. This was one of the easier things that I have sewen and it was just a little over $10 to make, way cheaper than a store bought one and this one was made with mommy's love and Lily's favorite fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment