Saturday, January 7, 2012

Christmas with a 2 year old....

Christmas with a 2 year old is soooo much fun. I swear Lily could sense it was Christmas day. For weeks wrapped presents laid under the tree and Lily never attempted to touch them much less open one.  But on Christmas Morning she just keeping peaking under the tree touching presents even trying to open one.  The great thing about her birthday being just 1 month earlier is I had an idea of how she would do. I knew she knew to tear the paper up.  After her 1st gift, a Fresh Beat Band book, she didn't want to be bothered much less open anything else.  So Kirk and I took turn opening a gift and by that time she was good to go.  She did that with each gift spending time with it before moving to the next.  Her BIG gift this year was a play kitchen.  I spent time making sure all gifts were ready for her to play with as soon as the were opened and her kitchen was no exception.  Christmas Eve Kirk and I spend hours putting this kitchen together while we watched Christmas story.  This kitchen has a million pieces and steps to it but she loved and weeks later she still loves it so it was all worth it.  Christmas night was spent with my mom, sis and Kirk's bro.  Lily was more of a frenzied gift opener by then and feel in love with her new doll and putting it night night. Kirk makes the most amazing Christmas dinner toping off our amazing day.  Even better Kirks bro cleaned most of the kitchen before her left.  Enjoy the picts and I can't wait for Christmas with a 3 year old!!!



















1 comment:

  1. I love checking in and seeing the beautiful pictures and what you write. Your love is evident. You are a great mommy!

    xoxoxo- mom

    ReplyDelete